Every few weeks, the Armchair Thinker dumps his silly, irrational, and controversial thoughts
Don’t expect anything miraculous or life-changing here. It’s just a blog that I started because I had a lot of free time and nothing better to do
I write what I feel like writing about. It could be anything from why you regret almost every decision you’ve ever made…to when the stock market is going to crash again…to why I sit all day in my office (sometimes to avoid my spouse) and get nothing done.
A little bit about me
I like talking about myself…a lot. So, here you go:
- Never read 50 books a year
- Never went to an elite school/college
- Never worked in the corporate world
- If you met me in real life, you’d declare within three seconds that this is the most boring person you have ever met
- I like (the idea of) reading books so much that I’ve purchased hundreds of books in the last few years, but have finished reading only about a dozen of them
- I was born and brought in a poor family in a remote village, and studied at a cheap government school that lacked even the most basic facilities like toilets.
- Worked at a petrol pump (gas station, for you Americans) to put myself through college
- I dropped out of MBA because it was the most useless thing I’ve ever signed up for. The MBA was like an expensive wife who sucks all your money and brings little to the table
- I’ve never held a job in my life…have been freelancing for as long as I’d like to remember. Yeah, typing words on the computer is how I make a living.
Why the ‘Armchair Thinker’ domain name?
I came across the term ‘Armchair Thinker’ on the Internet, and thought that those two words perfectly describe who I am. I was planning to launch a blog at the time, so I had this sudden keeda to check if this domain name was available.
As luck would have it, none of the 7.7 billion people on this planet had thought of buying this domain name. Apparently, the universe was waiting all these years for the person who deserved it. And I grabbed it instantly.